This extension adds PHPMailer as an option for outbound site emails, it can be used instead of the built in mail or SMTP plugins with minimal fuss, while adding some extra features.
This extension helps to send emails from Opencart running on EC2 instances without using Amazon SES, or Amazon SNS, Gmail. mail server is properly supporting TLS.
It allows client (opencart) to connect to port 25, 587 and opencart says STARTTLS. SSL over 465, 2465.
– Enhanced SSL/TLS connections
– Supports Office365, Gmail*, Sendgrid, Mailchimp/Mandrill and many other services
– PHP 7+ Compatibility
– Opencart 3+ tested
– No core code changes, all changes done by OCMOD
This plugin would help with the debugging mail issues, added a SMTP debug flag, that sends what is going on to your error logs so you can see what is going on, so with SMTP debug level 4 it gives you a line by line breakdown of every command to and from the smtp server.
Some mail server handle first handshake in plaintext mode, then TLS/SSL. So if smtp hostname start with tls:// it should not exit for STARTTLS fail, but try fall back option.
You would need to enable “less secure apps” on your gmail account for this extension to work.
This extension has fixes for: 530 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. AUTH LOGIN command / it responds with AUTH PLAIN LOGIN. Error: DATA not accepted from server! error: EHLO not accepted from server! Error: AUTH LOGIN not accepted from server!
Connections over port 465 are for TLS Wrapper mode and do not support STARTTLS. Connections over port 25 or 587 are for STARTTLS only.
- Probably the world’s most popular code for sending email from PHP!
- Used by many open-source projects
- Integrated SMTP support – send without a local mail server
- Send emails with multiple TOs, CCs, BCCs and REPLY-TOs
- Multipart/alternative emails for mail clients that do not read HTML email
- Support for UTF-8 content and 8bit, base64, binary, and quoted-printable encodings
- SMTP authentication with LOGIN, PLAIN, NTLM, CRAM-MD5 and Google’s XOAUTH2 mechanisms over SSL and TLS transports
- Error messages in 47 languages!
- DKIM and S/MIME signing support
- Compatible with PHP 5.0 and later
- Much more!